Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values Programme
- TEPSA (coordinator)
- Österreichische Gesellschaft für Europapolitik (ÖGFE)
- Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI)
- Finnish Institute of International Affairs (FIIA)
- Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP)
- Jagiellonian University
RADAR aims at raising citizens’ awareness on disinformation and providing an accessible public platform for debate on the issue. Our project focuses on harnessing citizens’ thoughts on disinformation (bottom-up), providing expert insights into protection against disinformation (top-down) and fomenting interaction and consultation between both (throughput). It will have a special focus on youth to contribute to the empowerment of their voices, their engagement in European civil society and improved education on critical thinking and media literacy. RADAR will especially focus on building up citizens’ agency through training and the empowerment of citizens. Topics such as the relation between COVID-19 and disinformation, disinformation by information platforms and other relevant themes, will be addressed whenever possible.
The project comprises 12 events:
- 5 Public Debates and 5 Youth Labs in 5 EU Member States, as well as;
- The Brussels Youth Workshop and;
- The Brussels Policy Conference in Belgium’s capital.
The public debates are open to the general public and will focus on raising awareness about disinformation through the contributions of experts and practitioners. The youth labs concentrate on working with smaller groups of young people through a peer-learning prism. ‘Youth Ambassadors’ will be selected among the participants in the 5 youth labs to participate in the Brussels Youth Workshop, where they will devise practical recommendations for EU action against disinformation in their communities. These recommended actions will be presented to relevant EU interlocutors in the final concluding conference in Brussels, where a large debate on disinformation will also unfold.
The project’s lifetime is divided into three phases:
- The Incubation Phase – from October 2022 to March 2023;
- The Interaction Phase – from March 2023 to December 2023;
- The Insight Phase – from December 2023 to March 2024.